In between blogging (and life) I’m trying to create the team for our new business, VizWho. Despite having been a successful photo-journalist – I can’t say I’m really a designer/artist/creative … but I know when I see something I really like.
The challenge for the new business is to visualise the Personal Networks of our clients – we can’t be VizWho without the VIZ!! Even at the early research stage this is proving a challenge.
So I am looking for a CVO (Chief Visualisation Officer) who can:-
* Visualise Data as well as Jesse Thomas at JESS3 Labs
* Be as good an explainer as Lee Le Fever at Common Craft
* Have a sense of humour like Matthew Inman at the Oatmeal
* Ping Edges & Nodes like the Visual Thesaurus
* Draw Mind Maps like Paul Foreman
* Create Many Eyes visualisations like Fernanda B. Viégas
* Understand personal brands like Ken Silvia does for Tom Peters
Please do get in contact with me – [email protected]. As you will see from the list, I am not asking a lot – and because we’re a startup, we can’t pay a lot …. but you would be the World’s First Chief Visualisation Officer***
*** Well – actually, I did find a couple of Chief Visualization Officers on LinkedIn in the US (but there is a Z in there – and our company is in the UK so we are the first with an S!). Also, I do need to give credit to Andrea Saveri of the Institute for the Future – who presented the idea of a CVO in June 2008.
Typical – the google search proves that there are no new ideas under the sun…..